WEBSITE REQUIREMENTS & STATEMENT OF WORK TEMPLATE
Clearly lay out your objectives and goals of the project to align your team and reach the target outcome
Calculate your budget, exclusions, estimated costs and timeframes to begin building our project framework and expectations
Use your knowledge and understanding of the new site's target audience to begin building your design plans using our Website Requirements sheet
WHAT IS AN INITIAL STATEMENT OF WORK?
Whatever your website requirements are, an initial statement of work gives a high-level overview of a web project. It should outline goals and objectives, budget, deadlines and timescales, and other relevant information, such as audience, target market and risks. It should also include the personnel responsible for working on and overseeing the project.
A good statement of work should do the following:
- Make clear the objectives of the web project
- Provide an accurate cost estimate
- Highlight the projected timescale of the project and completion date
- Outline any foreseeable issues (risk assessment)
- Identify the key audience and understand why they are visiting your site
WHAT IS A WEBSITE REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT?
A website requirements document outlines the characteristics, functions and capabilities of your website and the steps required to complete the build. It should include technical specifications, wireframes, functionality preferences and notes on individual design elements.
A good website requirements document should do the following:
- Set out the functional requirements of your website, including the sitemap, design and user experience
- Maintenance and support requirements when the site is set live
It should also be:
- Specific and focused; your intentions for the new site should be clear
- Considered and complete, with nothing missed or overlooked
- Prioritised by key objectives, with distinct deadlines and milestones outlined
This guide will help you create a website requirements document that meets the criteria outlined above, along with a downloadable statement of work template to get your project started with.
Our tool takes a holistic view of channel activity to ensure that activities are coordinated in line with the business’ ultimate strategic view.